This report presents a synthesis of published and ongoing research by REACH which explores the relationship between water security, climate and climate adaptation decisions, drawing on findings from REACH research conducted in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
It concludes with three recommendations for to advance water security for climate resilience:
1. More accurate and granular analysis of climate risk is needed to increase relevance of climate information
2. Metrics for monitoring climate resilience in water systems are critical to track progress and inform investments for water security
3. New institutional models that improve water security will be critical for climate resilience | »
Dessins de conception de la version ATP de la pompe manuelle Volant | »
The project has imported four lots of pumps containing a total of 295 units. AlI were imported according to SKAT specifications.
In January 1994 monitoring it was found that:
- At any given time 95% of water are in function
- Pump committees function and Pump Attendant maintain pumps and can do all repairs. Spare parts are purchased.
- A privatised spare parts distribution system based on 15 village shops and two wholesale outlets is meeting the demand for spares. | »
Management of the transition phase of the Department of Rural Water Supply, away from an implementing towards a facilitating role. Organisational development, capacity building and launching of a sector wide approach (SWAp).
The case study on hand describes how the transition process was planned and implemented. It focuses on the phase of transition since 1993, even though many of the stakeholders have been involved for many decades. It describes the objectives and goals of the strategy, and takes a look at future developments. | »