The network is governed by an Executive Steering Committee, comprises two representatives from each of its organisations. The committee nominates a chair for a three year term, which can be extended once. The current chair of RWSN is Dr Tommy Ka Kit Ngai, since January 2022.
The RWSN Secretariat is the coordination unit the RWSN and plays a crucial role in coordinating RWSN activities, ensuring they are in line with the overall objectives and as per the guidance provided by the RWSN Steering Committee and communicating with the RWSN members.
- Sean Furey (Director), Skat Foundation
- Meleesa Naughton (Deputy Director), Skat Foundation
- Dr Aline Saraiva Okello (Network Manager), Skat Foundation
With specialist support from:
- Daniela Marko, Skat Foundation
- Rena Salzmann, Skat Foundation
- Andrea Güpfert, Skat Foundation
- Bertha Camacho, Skat Foundation
RWSN Theme Leaders
An RWSN Theme is a broad area of interest that the RWSN Executive Steering Committee sees as strategically important. Each of the RWSN Themes and Topics are led by Theme Leaders, i.e. an individual from among the seven RWSN Executive Steering Committee Organisations with support from some Member Organisations who have expressed a willingness to provide in-kind support for a specific Topic.
RWSN Theme: Leave No One Behind
- Sandra van Soelen (Simavi)
- Temple Oraeki (Water Youth Network)
- Euphresia Luseka (Independent)
- Amita Bhakta (Independent)
RWSN Theme: Data 4 Action (formerly Mapping & Monitoring)
- Muthi Nhlema (BASEFLOW)
RWSN Theme: Self-Supply
- Matthias Saladin (Skat Foundation)
RWSN Theme: Sustainable Groundwater Development
- Dr Kerstin Danert (Ask for Water)
- Mandy Goksu & David Inman (Water Mission/Global Water Center)
RWSN Theme: Sustainable Services
- Jorge Alvarez-Sala (UNICEF)
- Julia Boulenaour & Eléonore Motte (Aguaconsult)
RWSN Theme: Multiple Use of water Services (MUS)
- Dr Barbara van Koppen (IWMI)
Do you have an idea for collaboration with RWSN, or would like become a Theme Leader? Do not hesitate to contact us for more information.