FUREY S. G.
Year of Publishing
In 2012, RWSN established Dgroups.org as its online electronic platform for membership and discussion. The groundwater and handpump groups have been among the most active communities. The number and depth of contributions has been rich, and several members have asked for a synthesis of the discussions. They main topics that emerged were:
1. Water Quality - particularly iron and pump corrosion
2. Procurement, Quality Control and Installation
3. Sustaining handpumps - what is the average lifespan of a handpump?
4. Handpump component failures and the need to redesign public domain designs
5. The politics of new pump designs: the Squirrel Cage Pump
The second PDF below is a synthesis of an active discussion in the RWSN Sustainable Groundwater Development community that took place during September 2019.
FUREY S. G. (2019) Handpumps: where now?. A synthesis of online discussions (2012-2014) -##2019 UPDATE## , Skat Foundation , RWSN , St Gallen, Switzerland
Handpumps: where now? A synthesis of online discussions (2012-2014)
pdf • Size: 1.89 MB
Summary of RWSN Handpump Discussion September 2019
pdf • Size: 0.87 MB