For this topic, emphasis will be on facilitating a sector discussion on the future of rural water services and the role of community management, building on the 2013 Webinar Series and the session at the 2013 World Water Week in Stockholm. The topic professionalisation covers all technologies used for rural water supplies.
Expected outcomes (2015-2017):
- In at least three countries, roles and responsibilities of stakeholders for rural water service delivery have been formalised in policy documents and manuals.
- Sector professionals have a better knowledge of how to ensure the provision of sustainable rural water services and access to tools which they can apply in their daily work.
Activities & Publications (2015-2017):
- Debates on the future of community management
- Prepare overview of alternative models for providing sustainable rural water services.
- Advocacy for improvements to ensure sustainable of rural water supply services in five countries.